Thursday, July 15, 2010

Journaling Update


Okay, remember how I said that I really wanted to keep going with Janel's journaling class? I even threw a subtle hint into this post. Well...Janel's offering another journaling class and it's only $10.00!! Of course I signed up immediately, and you should too. Besides, it's for a really good cause! Here's a bit of info. from her blog:

"As most of you know, my husband and I are planning on adopting a child in the next year or two. This is obviously a crazy process and a crazy EXPENSIVE process at that. So I was thinking of hosting another journal class, with new prompts, new challenges, giveaways, chats, and a fun community of online friends to share it with. I was thinking that if I could charge $10 for a class spot and make it a private blog for participants only, it would be a great way to earn money for our adoption!!

The class will begin July 26 (a Monday) and go on for 30 days :) A new prompt and challenge, every single day!!
Once you purchase your spot, you will receive the blog address and password for the class within 24 hours :)
xo
janel"

Head on over to her blog for more information and sign up here ....go now, there are a limited number of spots and it's going to be amazing!

Would you like to see more of my journal pages from the last class?
Here's my take on some of the prompts:

Prompt 8:
"Today, I want you to illustrate an "inside joke." I want this to be a page that only you and a few other people would get. Inside jokes are always fun (well, when you are apart of them I guess).
I have a journal page from my first year in college where I filled the entire page with inside jokes. Ummmm....I only "get" like two of them :) I have no clue what the other ones even mean anymore. Isn't that crazy?
Easy enough :)"
"Journal Prompt 9: Choose another person who is vert significant in your life right now. It can definitely be the same person that we wrote about on day 3, but I chose to do someone different. Anyway, this prompt is going to be all about those wonderful adjectives, and typography. Describe your special person with as many words as you can fit. For each word, try to use a different font or writing style. This is a great way to practice fun typography!"
"Journal Prompt 10: This prompt is all about collections. I am such a collector. I have too many collections but I love them all. I am definitely the type who moves on though to new collection depending on my mood and the seasons in my life. What do you collect? If anything. Do you collect buttons, clothes, shoes, friends, parking tickets, whatever!! Illustrate your collections. This will be fun to look back on someday and see how your collections have grown or have moved on :)"

"Journal Prompt 11: Hello friends. Today is another one of my favorite pages. And speaking of favorites, this is a page all about your faves!!
We are going to list your favorites in each of these four categories:
* TV shows
* Music
* Food
* Splurges"
"Journal Prompt 12: Journal 12 is all about trends. Whether you consider yourself "trendy" or not, I bet there are a few trends that you find yourself gravitating to. If not, you can create a page of trends that you think are lame too, it's up to you :)"

*Prompts 13 and 14 were a bit more personal so I've decided
not to share them here:)

"Journal Prompt 15: Today I would like you to brainstorm some goals for the upcoming month. A short list of goals that will be attainable to accomplish in one month."
"Journal Prompt 16: Short, sweet, and straight to the point :) What are you wearing today? Write it, doodle it, cut it out of a magazine, whatever!"
So, what do you think? If you're interested, I'll post more at a later date. ;)
xoxo,
jl

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...