Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Flashback to Birthday Week

I thought I would finally fill you in on the 35th Birthday happenings. I spent the day decorating for Easter (one of my favorite things to do) while Rex was at work...
...the kitties helped out a bit.



An owl is not really your typical Easter decoration, but I love it just the same.
Then I spent some time watching MSU gymnastics,
and wondering what was in those big boxes.
(Looks like Littlefoot was a little curious too.)
(She managed to get up on that one inch painting by herself.)
Rex brought home a Green Apple, Blue Cheese and Walnut House Salad and Shrimp and Lobster Fettucini from my favorite restaurant.

Then it was time to open gifts. Rex bought me a set of golf clubs and a whole golf outfit. What? I was a bit confused. I've never even shown an interest in golfing.
Guess this means I'll have to learn!

Then I opened up my Urban Outfitters quilt from my Grandma. Great summer colors.
I loved it the moment I saw it!
Cake time! (I think I'm being watched...)
What do you think? I'm so happy that the new quilt completely changes the look of my bedroom. It feels like a whole new room!
Can you spy the other birthday gifts?
One of the Black Apple prints from my parents...

and the unique bunny lamp from my Grandma.
It was quite a birthday!

*Below is the real reason why I have not blogged in a while.
Two days after my birthday the neighbor found our Littlefoot in the laundry room (she sneaks out sometimes) and determined that she was a stray. (How she thought a stray could get inside locked security doors I don't know.) She threw her outside.
Our Littlefoot has never been allowed outside and was probably confused and scared to death. Littlefoot has been missing one week today and our hearts have been absolutely broken. For the last four years she has been our baby.
She was ALWAYS on my lap. She loved to get forehead kisses (repeatedly), loved to carry stuffed toys around with her, loved to talk to the birds through the screen door and loved to cuddle Yohan and Butts (our other cats). We have put up more than 140 fliers, have searched and searched and made it a habit to check the Animal Rescue every couple of days.
We sincerely hope and pray that she will find her way back to us someday soon.
We miss this little face so much!

3 comments:

grrfeisty said...

oh my goodness! i hope you find littlefoot! i almost cried reading that you lost your dear friend :(

Unknown said...

Oh I hope you find littlefoot that makes me so sad :(

I am glad you had a great birthday you will love being 35 I do :D its a great year!

Carrie

Lynnbobscrap said...

Thanks girls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...