Thursday, December 31, 2009

Warning: GIGANTIC Post Part 2

July-December 2009

July started with my very first batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes,
followed by fireworks in the backyard.
Then a visit from our sister-in-law and niece,
during which we roasted smores,
attended a Styx/REO Speedwagon concert,

and visited the zoo.
I also discovered amazing scrapbooking deals at..
...and Tuesday Morning.

We attended a Wedding Shower for these two,
and spent some time fixing up the cars.

The day finally arrived when we got to meet Hayden!
I got to do my first newborn photoshoot,
and Womba celebrated her birthday
(and the birth of her grandson)
all in the same week!
We accompanied Hayden on his first trip to the orchard.
(Also the first for all of us!)
Then we headed north to spend some time on
the lake with my grandparents,
and celebrate our 6th Wedding Anniversary.
We finally began using the flatware we got for Christmas,
toured the Edsel Ford Estate,
and spent quite a bit of time reading at the pool.
I signed up and gathered supplies for my first ever Elsie class,
and we spent a few days exploring Chicago.
While in Chicago, I renewed my supply of journals for the fall,
took beautiful photos of the sights,
and discovered that collage prints are much cheaper
than wallet prints.
In September, Rex spent a day photographing downtown Pontiac,
while I found a colorful fall wardrobe at the thrift store.
I taught myself to crochet,
and make my own planner using Elsie's kit.
We headed home to spend more time with *Bug*
while he was still this tiny,
and headed back to Chicago to celebrate these two dear friends.


Of course, the year would be too much fun without this:
which led to this!
Our friends surprised with a care package from here:
just as the weather began to turn cooler,
and the world became colorful again.
We celebrated Rex's birthday during his first week at the new job,
held our 11th Annual Friends' Thanksgiving,
and attended our first Indie Craft Show.
Then we headed up north to spend the holiday with family.
I also took Hayden's Christmas photos, and found LOTS of scrapbooking supplies at 90% off!
We finished our year enjoying the company of friends at Glogg,



decorating our apartment,

celebrating our own Christmas,

spending time with family,


and celebrating Hayden's first Christmas.




What a year!
We'd like to extend a very special thank you to all our family and friends
who have made this year so very special for us.
We are so thankful to have you in our lives!
We miss you all tons and love you even more!
May this year be the best one yet!
Love, Jenny & Rex

1 comment:

Josie said...

I LOVE your gigantic posts but you've got to stop going to all these crafty things without me! I'm totally interested in that year journal thingy. Call me when you get a mintue chick-a-dee. Love you guys Happy 2010!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...