Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Please don't go. I could eat you up I love you so!"

That's probably my favorite line from the whole movie. (Warning: I'm probably going to WAY overuse that line, especially around young children.) Have you seen it yet? What did you think? I've heard a lot of different opinions regarding this movie and read just as many reviews, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Where the Wild Things Are. Sure it's about a little boy who lashes out, but what child doesn't? I know I had Max moments as a child. When you really look at him and think about the way a child's mind works, and the way children internalize things, I think they made the movie perfectly. Should you go see it? My vote is yes. I think every adult should go see it and watch the movie through the eyes of Max. Should your little ones go see it? That's your call. The film is filled with moments of "inappropriate behavior", but judging by the little one (4 years old or so) sitting in front of me, who broke out in fits of laughter every time the Wild Things laughed (making every adult in the place laugh too), It's probably worth the trip. I know I loved it!

3 comments:

Josie said...

I haven't seen it yet but I want to!!! I want to dig out the book too and read it to the boys but I have no idea where it is...

Lynnbobscrap said...

I have one you can borrow, or have Con check it out of the school library. :) BTW, sorry I missed you the other night, I was out to dinner with a friend celebrating her first official day cancer free!

Josie said...

Good idea. No worries, that's totally something to celebrate and completely understandable. But for goodness sakes women, turn your phone on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...