Saturday, January 31, 2009

Getting Organized






During the first week of January I always choose a word to live by for the new year. This year I settled on the word "enjoy". As in enjoy the little things in life, enjoy the big surprises too, enjoy time with friends and family, enjoy work and homelife more, enjoy each other, enjoy (and make the best of) everything that is thrown our way....etc. It all boils down to deciding to live a more *enjoyable* life with a more grateful attitude. We are awfully lucky to be living the lives we have been blessed with and I just don't want to forget that. :)
Anyway, so my first big task at hand was to reorganize my entire scrapbooking room so that I could actually *enjoy* scrapbooking again. It took me a couple of weeks, but I managed to sort through EVERYTHING scrapbook related that I own. I threw piles and piles of unnecessary items away, donated a couple of large boxes of supplies, pulled all of my layouts out of their cronological albums and reorganized them all by categories. I also created a new file system for all my photos, new kits and favorite supplies so that they are now at my fingertips for easy grab-ability. After all this work, my scrapspace is finally a joy to create in again. In fact, I packed a bag and headed out to crop at the store last night with some of my girlfriends and actually got 7 pages done! There's something to be said for a little bit of organization as inspiration. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new background! So strange that it has an owl... weird... :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...