Saturday, March 01, 2014

A New Year, A New Word to Guide Me

Good morning!
I figured it was about time to put my yearly intentions out there. Once again,  I have chosen to let a single word guide my year. One Little Word is the brainchild of the amazing Ali Edwards, and in addition to choosing a word this year, I have also signed up for her  class. (More on that in an upcoming post!)
So.....
this year...
my word is...
                            
Some of you may remember that last year I chose the word Happy. (Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy...) 


Besides creating a completely nerdy Ren and Stimpy flashback, these two words work together in another way. After carefully considering many words, I found that the word JOY just kept showing up. (It was around Christmas, that probably helped.) In fact, I'm pretty sure my love of the word HAPPY and its impact on the way I lived my life last year, led to the problem of not wanting to let that word go. 
Feeling like I was cheating and choosing the same word for a second year in a row, I looked closer into the meaning of joy. The phrase "success in doing, finding, or getting something" was exactly what I needed. 
So I began to plan.
I created a notebook to record my journey with JOY, I gathered books, wrote lists and got really excited about the possibilities ahead of me. 

                       
I ordered two new Project Life  core kits I had been eyeing for some time, and also two new (and matching this time) albums to record my journey.  
                          
Then I began to read, and think, and list. All this reading and thinking and listing gave me more and more confidence in the journey that lay ahead. 
                          
I have big plans people! 
I even created a 40 Before 40 List to be completed by the end of next March! 
                            
Don't get me wrong, I realize that with any journey there are going to be ups and downs. Times when finding joy is going to feel impossible, but I have a plan. And plans and I get along very well. So I welcome the next year with open arms and a big smile, because dog-gone-it I've got a notebook full of lists and I plan to live it!
xoxo, 
jenny-lynn

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oh my gosh. . . I'm totally with you in the Ren and Stimpy flashback! LOL! I love having a OLW. Mine for 2014 is illuminate.
Rinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...