Monday, January 02, 2012

Make It Monday 2012: January Goals

Happy New Year!
I hope that 2012 has been treating you well so far!
This year I'm going to switch it up a bit. Instead of constantly posting great ideas from around the internet that I love yet never even lift a finger to accomplish. So... on the first Monday of each month, I'm going to post goals for myself.
(Don't worry, on the other Mondays of the month I'll still post those wonderful DIYs that I never even try :)

Goal #1
A few years ago, I stumbled upon the concept of Project Life by the fabulous Becky Higgins. I successfully completed my entire album in 2009! In 2010 I took a photo almost every day but never quite got them organized into an album. In 2011, I didn't even try. This year I've decided to tackle Project Life again. I'm in a new town, in a new home, with a new outlook on life, health and happiness. I'm ready now, and I vow to keep up with my daily photos and journaling all month. (Obviously this is going to be on my goals list every month this year.)

Goal #2
My second goal is part of a year-long goal. I have signed up for the Move More Eat Well class at Big Picture Classes. This class is taught by one of my favorite scrapbookers and motivators: Cathy Zielske. She is so real, honest and hilarious, and I really think she (and the online community of classmates) are going to help motivate me to become a healthier and happier me. My goal this month is to create the introductory and January pages (we are documenting this in a scrapbook :) and share them here by the end of the month. I will also be documenting my food intake and exercise routines daily.

Goal #3
The next goal is to finish my Hello December Album from the Journal Your Christmas Class by Shimelle. I have to say, this is the third year I have attempted this and this year I'm pretty close to finishing. My goal is to have the album (documenting December 1-January 6th) completed and blogged by the end of the month. (BTW, if you're looking for a little scrappy inspiration, go check out shimelle.com. Now. I'll wait. Believe me, after three classes and daily inspiration Shimelle has helped me become so much more passionate about scrapbooking again.)
(That's my album cover below!)

Goal #4
Make this! It looks so delicious, and pretty good for me too.

Goal #5
Keep myself warm on snowy nights with this wonderful pasta fagioli.
(I think Rex might even eat this one!)

So there you have it. Five (simple?) goals for the month of January.
Wish me luck!

xoxo,
jenny-lynn

***You may be wondering where the video for the second half of the year went. Well...I have tried to upload it 5 (!) times and it will not upload. I've all but given up on it which is too bad considering the second part of the year is where it all went south and I neglected to blog. I'm still working on an update for you, please hang in there just a little longer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...