(I wrote this today during a Writer's Workshop lesson with my fifth graders.)


Feels Like Home


I know it’s only been a little over 3 months, but I truly feel at home here.

It’s so refreshing to head home after a hectic day at work, pull my dust covered silver van into my garage, head into the house to wash up my lunch dishes, catch up with the furbabies, and just feel relaxed.

Even the activities that shouldn’t feel relaxing, do. Doing laundry, dishes, sweeping, cleaning each and every room (and a basement!), it’s all so enjoyable. Every single day I find myself noticing something new here and smiling. From the wind blowing through our evergreens, to the pitter- patter of the raindrops on our roof, and the ability to walk barefoot out onto our deck and enjoy the sunshine,

every day is a blessing here.

Sure, I miss the closeness of neighbors in an apartment. I miss the piece of mind being on the second floor provides, knowing there is a security door to protect me when I’m all alone. But these things are dwarfed by the comfort I feel here. I wouldn’t trade this home for the world.

Here, I can’t wait to get out and discover the changing of the seasons and community activities each season brings in this little town. I can’t wait to have long, laughter-filled, impromptu conversations with the neighbors as the sun sets over the fields. I can’t wait to plant flowers I don’t even know how to pronounce, let alone take care of. I can’t wait to go for long, drawn-out walks hand in hand through the fields with my soulmate. I can’t wait to have trick-or–treaters, bbqs and neighborhood get togethers. I can’t wait to throw magical parties under the hot-air balloons as they travel lazily overhead. I can’t wait to spend summer days reading on the deck and enjoying the slight relief the breeze gives on those hotter than hot days. I can’t wait to hold little hands, cuddle wet noses and raise a family here.

The funny thing is…

I thought the waiting was over when we signed the papers to this place.

Turns out, the waiting has just begun.


Thanks for letting me share!

Have a beautiful night <3

xoxo,

jenny-lynn